HARP loans allow qualified Pittsburgh homeowners to refinance their government-backed mortgages at today’s incredible low rates. First introduced in 2009, the Home Affordable Refinance Program is specifically designed to help homeowners who owe more than the current value of their home, but with eligibility guidelines recently broadened by the federal government, even more Pittsburgh homeowners can now qualify for HARP loans.
HARP Loan Requirements
- The current loan-to-value ratio on your mortgage must be greater than 80 percent.
- Your mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- You do not have an FHA, VA or USDA loan.
- You have no missed mortgage payments in the past six months.
- You have no more than one missed mortgage payment in the past 12 months.
Advantages of HARP Loans
- Accommodating Eligibility Requirements HARP loans are the best option for homeowners that need more lenient qualification stipulations. With flexible underwriting guidelines, no equity or appraisal requirements, and a subordinated second loan allowance, HARP loans allow Pittsburgh homeowners that might not qualify for other loan options to refinance at an affordable rate.
- More Savings HARP loans can save Pittsburgh homeowners money in a variety of ways. First, HARP loans do not require PMI, private mortgage insurance, thus lowering homeowner’s monthly mortgage payment. Homeowners also have the option of shortening their term through refinancing with a HARP loan, allowing them to build equity in their Pittsburgh home faster. The closing costs with HARP loans are also lower than other loan options, saving borrowers money at the end of their term.
- Reduced Documentation As a government-backed loan, HARP loans require less documentation and fewer qualifications, leading to a quick and easy approvals process.
HARP Loans with Golden Oak Lending Pittsburgh
As a qualified lender of HARP loans, Golden Oak Lending Pittsburgh combines our low rates with years of professional experience to ensure our Pittsburgh homeowners have a hassle-free and efficient mortgage process. Our conveniently located office in Cranberry Township ensures that your personal loan specialist is available to help you at any time. Contact Golden Oak Lending Pittsburgh today to learn how HARP loans can help save you money!