The first step for serious home buyers is to get pre-approved for a home loan. From a certified lender like Golden Oak Lending, a mortgage pre-approval provides an estimate of your loan amount, interest rate, and monthly payment based on your credit score and overall financial health. In the competitive Pittsburgh housing market, an official letter of pre-approval shows sellers you are serious about purchasing their property, giving your offer a crucial advantage.
Advantages of Getting Pre-Approved for a Home Loan
- Stand Out from the Competition A pre-approval letter shows sellers that you are not only financially capable of purchasing their home but also that you are a serious homebuyer who has already taken the first step in the home-buying process. Thus, getting pre-approved helps your offer stand out from the competition in competitive housing markets, for homes with multiple bids, or to sellers who want to sell fast.
- Establish Your Budget The process of getting pre-approved requires a lot of the same information as a mortgage application, so your lender will be able to accurately determine the price range you can afford based on an overview of your finances. By getting pre-approved, you will be able to accurately determine your budget and make sure you do not waste time viewing homes out of your price range.
- Identify Issues with Your Application Even responsible borrowers who pay their bills on time and have a reasonable debt-to-income ratio may still have unexpected issues with their mortgage application. By applying for early pre-approval, however, you will have time to fix any financial issues with your application that your mortgage lender identifies and make your application more competitive.
- Fast Closing Most of your financial information is verified during the pre-approval application, which allows for a smoother and faster closing process on your new home.
Pre-Approval with Golden Oak Lending Pittsburgh
Golden Oak Lending is a certified mortgage lender and can help you get pre-approved to purchase your dream home. In Pittsburgh's competitive housing market, any advantage over your competition could be the deciding factor in securing your new home, so our team of mortgage lenders work hard to quickly process your application to give you the best estimate you qualify for. If you are ready to purchase your new Pittsburgh home, schedule a free pre-approval consultation today!
Which Loan is Right for You?
Conventional Home Loans
- 15 or 30 year fixed
- Avoid Paying PMI
- Credit Score of 680 or above
- Lower Your Interest Rate
- Save More Monthly
- Consolidate Debt
Cash Out Loans
- Lower Rates & Simpler Terms
- Pay College Tuition
- Use Cash for Major Home Improvements
Home Equity Loans
- Affordable Financing
- Typically, Lower Interest Rates
- Use Equity for Other Investments
- Low Money Down Options
- Any Income Level May Qualify
- Flexible Income and Credit Requirements
- Option for High-Value Properties
- Fixed or Adjustable Rate Options
- For loans above $453,100 (varies by area)
- Veterans or Active Military
- No Money Down, No PMI
- No Equity Required
- No Appraisal Required
- No Mortgage Insurance
- No Down Payment
- Low, Fixed Rates
- US Department of Agriculture-backed
New Home Loans
- Many Loan Options
- Pre-qualify Quickly
- Dedicated Loan Officer