Established in 2009, the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) provides eligible homeowners who owe more than the current value of their home an affordable refinancing option with a HARP loan. The guidelines of the HARP program have recently expanded, so even more Portland homeowners can now take advantage of the many financial benefits of a HARP loan.
HARP Loan Requirements
- You have not missed a mortgage payment in the past six months, nor have you missed more than one mortgage payment in the past year.
- Your current loan is owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- You do not have a USDA, VA, or FHA loan.
- Your mortgage start date was on or before May 31, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value ratio on your mortgage is more than 80%.
Advantages of HARP Loans
- Borrower-Friendly Guidelines HARP loans offer qualified Portland homeowners many money-saving benefits, including no PMI requirement, the option to shorten your loan term, and lower closing costs than other home loan options. Obtaining a HARP loan can lower your monthly mortgage payment while you continue to build equity in your Portland home.
- Fast Approval Process As a government-insured loan, a HARP loan requires little documentation, so Portland homeowners can enjoy a quick approval process and start saving money faster.
- Easier Qualification Requirements HARP loans were designed to help homeowners struggling with their current mortgage payments, so these loans have more lenient eligibility guidelines. This allows Portland homeowners who may not qualify for other loan options to refinance at a low interest rate.
HARP Loans in Portland at Golden Oak Lending
At Golden Oak Lending, our streamlined mortgage process will help Portland residents refinance their homes quickly and easily. With incredible low interest rates, a HARP loan can save you thousands by lowering your monthly mortgage payment. Call us today to learn more about how Golden Oak Lending’s Portland team can assist with your HARP loan needs!